Friday, September 7, 2007

This is getting scary...

The lil munchkin finally did it. I'm sure this child is bent on causing me a premature, painful decline in health of some form or another. He just keeps growing up too fast for me. From holding up his own head at just 2 weeks old (I kid you not) to rolling over at 5 weeks and walking along the furniture at 6 months, I mean, a mother needs some time to adjust! Anyway, all of this stems from his decision today to climb up onto the lounge suite unaided. Yes, 11 months old yesterday and he is officially a climber {sob}. And of course, once he did it the first time, it was learned and thus I have spent my afternoon wrestling him down so he doesn't fall or touch things previously (and purposefully) out of his reach. And here I was in blissful ignorance that I would find myself with slightly more time in the day to breath as he got older. Oh, how naive I was...

3 comments:

Melissa Garland said...

Yes, it is scary, I know exactly how you feel. They just grow too fast! PS. I am going to subscribe but no need to enter me in the competition. I just want to make sure I get your updates.

Jan Scholl said...

My son rolled over the week home from hospital and it scared me half to death but my daughter walked at 9 months and was talking in full sentances before 15 months and has NOT shut up since and she is 32. Each kids is different. and unique. I do wish they were little again but that is what grand kids are for and why do I have an 18 year old grand daughter at 53? Enjoy each day.

MadonnaDunn said...

he he he!! I know what having a climber is like!! Treasure your little man as they grow up and start talking back before you know it!!