Sunday, October 14, 2007

A teary moment and today's card

So, this afternoon Sam walked across the room, on his own, with no encourage from us. DH and I were sitting on the lounge, watching a movie and Sam was playing quietly on the floor in front of us. Next thing we know, Sam is walking, yes, WALKING, across the room, headed for his play area in our dining room! Needless to say, I was as good as crying, so proud of him, yet realising with none-too-little a jolt that my baby is definitely no longer a baby. I really don't think I'm ready for him to be so independent of me just yet! I know the clinginess and "mummy, hold me" pleas do get tiresome, but walking?!? I mean, come on, a mummy needs time to adjust to this!!! Okay, before I start crying again, here's today's card! It's another CASE of Alisa Tilsner's gorgeous work (told you I'm a fan!). Cardstock: Cool Carribean, Whisper White, Basic Black Ink: Cool Carribean, Black Staz-On Stamps: Office Accoutrement, Greetings Galore, Little Pieces Accessories: Round Tab Punch, Black Gingham Ribbon, White Signo Pen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY for Sam.. what a milestone.. hope with the excitement and the tears and pure astonishment at the little mans talent, that you remembered to snap a pic or two!!!

I know exactly the feeling that coursed through you.. the sadness at not being the super needed mummy and more.. though trust me.. they still need their mummies every day.. even when they are 14. Even if they dont openly admit to it. ;)