Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Leonie's Birthday Card

I sent this card to Leonie Schroder for her birthday the other week. She's on our team at Elite Stampers. Lovely lady. I really enjoyed making this card, and it's another of my "branch out on my own" experiments that I have been increasingly trying since joining Stampin' Up!. I picked the stamp and the colour I wanted to use, then surfed the net for a while, looking at some ideas and inspiration, and this is what I came up with. I think it works. Was a lot of fun to make, too! Colours used are Ballet Blue and Whisper White, with Garden Green, Bashful Blue and Elegant Eggplant in the watercolouring. Stamp sets are Summer By The Sea and Paisley Background. I've also used silver cord, which I adhered under another sheet of cardstock on the inside of the card.

2 comments:

Melissa Garland said...

I love it. You are a water colouring artist, great work.

Anonymous said...

Wendy its so gorgeous in real life - thanks so much for sending it to me ... you should share how you put your business card inside too. Thanks again for making my day extra special XX